From portsmouthsendiass

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health & therapies Money & legal Jargon buster About us
Section: Family Support

Subsection: Childcare

Help with Childcare Costs

Support with paying for childcare

Tax credits may be able to help with childcare costs until your child is 16 (if in receipt of DLA middle or higher rate). The childcare must be registered which includes childminders, some care agencies as well as afterschool and holiday clubs. For more information please see the section ‘Money and Legal’.

Unfortunately there is currently no help for childcare costs for young people aged 16-18. An alternative might be for them to claim ESA in their own right; this will affect any tax credits and child benefit you receive for them so it might be best to check if you would be better off before claiming.

Many charities offer a benefit check service to help with this, see the [INSERT LINK ‘money and legal’] section for more information.

The Portsmouth Family Information Service provides a range of advice for families including benefits checks, and also information and advice on paying for childcare. Contact them as follows:

  • Phone 02392 688830
  • Visit Civic Offices, Guildhall square, PO1 2AL- drop-in or call Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-4pm

Related subsections

Money and legal - Benefits, Money and legal Matters - Who else can help