From portsmouthsendiass

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health & therapies Money & legal Jargon buster About us

Social Care Assessments

Children (under 18 years)

Getting in touch with Children's Services might seem like a big step, especially if you have not done so before. Children's Services (Social Care) is there to try and help you live your life as effectively as possible, whatever you are having to cope with. Help might include providing information or arranging support, whether it be help within the home, a short break or support from a social worker. View our useful guide here

Adults (18 years of age or over)

Care and support needs assessments are for adults who may need help because of a disability, ill health or old age. If you have care and support needs and find it difficult to look after yourself, your local authority may be able to advise you and provide you with some help. View our useful guide here

Click for other information on

Family Support, Money & Legal

Related subsections

Education - Post 16, Family Support - Services from West Berkshire, Family Support - Support for parent and carers, Family Support - Who else can help, Health and therapies - Who else can help, Money and legal - Benefits, Money and legal - Direct Payments