From portsmouthsendiass

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health & therapies Money & legal Jargon buster About us

About us

Contact us

You can call us on 0300 303 2000 or email Our Office hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday but you can leave a message outside these hours. You can also like our facebook page by clicking here.

What we do

The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service for Portsmouth provides:

  • A free and confidential service, provided independently from education, health and care providers
  • Impartial information, advice and support relating to special educational needs and disability (SEND)
  • Advice and support from independently trained Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service staff
  • Support through the statutory processes relating to Statements of Special Educational Needs and the new Education Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and planning
  • Information and practical support to find the answers to your questions in relation to education, social care and health services
  • We will do our best to respond to you within 2 working days

Who we can help

We can provide information, advice and support to:

  • Parents or carers of a child or young person (aged 0-25) with a disability and/or special educational needs
  • Parents or carers who are worried that their child or young person may have a disability or special educational needs;
  • If your child has questions, we can help them too
  • Young people aged 16-25 who have a disability and/or special educational needs

Our service is for people who live in Portsmouth. If you don’t live in Portsmouth, but need support, we can put you in touch with your local IAS Service.

How we can help

We aim to provide you with help that is right for you. We can help by

  • Listening to your views and concerns
  • Helping you feel more confident to express your views
  • Explaining your options, rights and responsibilities
  • Help in preparing for meetings and/or attending meetings with you;
  • Answering your questions about Statements of Special Educational Needs and Educational Health and Care (EHC) Plans;
  • Supporting you through a needs assessment or review
  • Support to resolve disagreements
  • Developing networks and links locally to provide solutions to your individual queries

Key Policies

View our Confidentiality Statement.

View our Impartiality Statement.

Leave feedback or make a complaint about our service.

(Redirected from Who To Contact)